Make a Donation
Make a donation and earn Christmas labels for the gifts you will be offering this year.
The pandemic deepened loneliness. People who use drugs in vulnerable contexts, migrants in precarious and stigmatized works such as sex work, children and young people in residential care who are far from their families. They all know loneliness because it is the face of social exclusion.
In December, help APDES to increase its outreach work to these populations throughout the year.
What is outreach work?
It consists in the movement of our teams to the places where the people we serve are: in the streets, in the apartments, in the shelters, in their homes. Let’s go to where people are to offer:
- Psychosocial support.
- Legal support.
- Screening for infections and diseases, linking and monitoring health care for diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
- Distribution of preventive materials.
- Social reintegration by rebuilding family ties with children and young people in residential care.
- Development of personal and social skills.
- Encouraging civic and democratic participation in the fight for their rights.
- Training of professionals who work close with these populations.
Our teams are multidisciplinary and trained to offer a free support of judgments or moralisms. With attention focused on the person and their needs, we respect people’s human rights and empower them to take care of their health and well-being.
How can you help us?
Make us a donation and get stickers for your Christmas gifts at home. If you authorize it, we’ll put your name on the “Wall of Supporters” on our website.
- Support our social media campaign. Be an ambassador for our cause. The people who contribute most to our campaign when sharing our posts will also receive Christmas labels and a special gift from APDES as a sign of thank you. Learn more here
Let us make this a time to kindle solidarity, acceptence of the other and his absences and incompleteness. Help us make this December, a time to renew faith in our enourmous ability to empathize and to be present for those who need it most.
We need your support. Like APDES, believe in people.
With your help, we will be able to implement a positive change to the life of thousands of people.