APDES Christmas Campaing talks about the importance of proximity and the loneliness problem
The pandemic has opened up the loneliness problem. With the new measures, there is already a further increase in social problems, especially at a time of year so sensitive for vulnerable populations.
People who use drugs in vulnerable contexts, migrants in precarious and stimatized jobs as sex work, children and young people in residential care who are far from their families. All of them will be deeply affected by the necessary measures of isolation and social detachment.
In December, help APDES to increase its work to these populations throughout the year.
What is outreach work?
It consists in the movement of our teams to the places where the people we serve are: in the streets, in the apartments, in the shelters, in their homes. Let’s go to where people are to offer:
- Psychosocial support.
- Legal support.
- Screening for infections and diseases, linking and monitoring health care for diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
- Distribution of preventive materials.
- Social reintegration by rebuilding family ties with children and young people in residential care.
- Development of personal and social skills.
- Encouraging civic and democratic participation in the fight for their rights.
- Training of professionals who work close with these populations.
Our teams are multidisciplinary and trained to offer a free support of judgments or moralisms. With attention focused on the person and their needs, we respect people’s human rights and empower them to take care of their health and well-being.
How can you help us?
- Make us a donation and get stickers for your Christmas gifts at home. If you authorize it, we’ll put your name on the “Wall of Supporters” on our website.
- Support our social media campaign. Be an ambassador for our cause. The people who contribute most to our campaign when sharing our posts will also receive Christmas labels and a special gift from APDES as a sign of thank you.
Follow our special Christmas Campaing page:
There you will find all the information about how you can help us and the offers we have to give as a thank you for your donation.